Monday, October 6, 2008

Shopping...

I really don't enjoy shopping all that much. I think that I must have just missed out on that gene. I am the type of person who walks into the store knowing what I want, I grab it, buy it and leave. If I know that it will take some time I shop around online first to find out what I want and where to go. When I shopped for my wedding dress I looked around online for a few days, found one I liked, called a store in town that carried it and my total time in store was under 30 minutes. So, I don't go shopping much and up until recently, I hadn't taken Tyson with me unless we were shopping for groceries or clothing for him.
So, this last Saturday, fo the first time since we have been married, Tyson and I went shopping together to get something for me. I needed a new purse, my birthday was over the weekend, so I decided it was time. So, we went in and wandered over to the purse section and I proceeded to browse through the selection. I'm rather picky about my purses so I was taking longer than usual. The problem was, that in the purse area they have all of these little islands that are about five and a half feet tall on which they display more purses. I'm only 5'5" so I could not be seen behind these. My poor husband, one the other hand, is 6'4" and was perfectly visible. It was actually very entertaining to see the way that people looked at him. Here is this somewhat rough looking guy standing around looking and purses and pulling them off of the shelf (they were up high and I couldn't reach them). He really could not have looked much more out of place and he knew it.
It was just to funny because we had never gone shopping together to get something for me before so he wasn't quite sure what to do with himself. I was informed that from now on, whenever we go shopping for me, I need to wear heels so that I can at least be seen over the top of the racks.
It may have been a little uncomfortable for him, but I came out of it with the greatest purse ever and a nice little laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment