Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Funny Pets

Over the last 6 months we have loved having Oscar in our home. He is our first baby and it has be so much fun to watch him grow up and learn new things. We started private lessons with a dog trainer about a month ago and those have been going very well. We decided that we needed to get the training ingrained now so that we will have fewer problems when the baby comes in May. For some reason I let myself believe that having a baby woud not impact Oscar until May. I was wrong.Dogs, apparently, are able to sense things. I'm not sure that he knows that a baby is coming, but he knows that something has changed with me. First, he has always liked Tyson better. He behaves better for me, but he likes Tyson best. Anyway, now he seems to need to be near me all the time. Second, over the last month he has become very protective. Tyson's work schedule changed earlier this year so he doesn't get home until after dark now. Anyway, I am usually still up and reading when he gets home and Oscar is sitting with me. Anyway, when Oscar hears the door open, but doesn't see Tyson he runs out of the room that I am in growling and barking all the way until he finally sees that it is just Tyson. My friend Jen came by this evening to pick me up to go out for a little bit and when her car pulled in he went on alert. I guess that he is adjusting to his new role as protective big brother.

1 comment:

  1. I just love dogs - aren't they great?? It's good to know that you won't abandon your pup when Lily comes - fur babies need love too!! And what a good idea to do some obedience school - wish I would have thought of that. LOL

    ReplyDelete