Sunday, February 26, 2012

My New Friend

It is amazing what growing up can do to a person.  I've never been the coolest kid on the block, but I'm not the biggest dork either.  But somehow, over the last decade or so I've grown up a bit and the things that get me excited and make me happy have changed.  Somehow, I've turned into someone that gets ridiculously excited to get a new dishwasher.  How did this happen to me?  I'm so much happier having spent the money on a dishwasher rather than new clothes or (gasp!) even shoes!  This is ridiculous, but I suppose that it is what it is and I may as well embrace the change.

I've been hand washing everything for the last nine months, since our old dishwasher bite the dust (or flooded the house) and frankly, I'm tired of it.  My poor hands are dry and cracked, and my counter and sink are always covered in dishes.  And given how much I love to cook and bake there is no end to the washing.

Yesterday, I woke up, checked my email, and there was my salvation!  An email from Sears saying that the dishwasher that we ordered 2 weeks ago was in.  I got in the truck and took off down the road to go get it, I was not waiting any longer than I had to.  Last night Tyson installed it for me, and we checked it for leaks, but there were only 5 or 6 dishes in the sink at the time because, silly me, I had washed them earlier in the day.  So this afternoon, after lunch, I ran my first load.  It was glorious!
Just in time too, because we have a birthday tomorrow and I'm going to be baking and making all kinds of messes.

No comments:

Post a Comment