Monday, February 27, 2012

....Twelve Months....

A year ago today I went to bed, feeling a little off, but ready for some sleep.  Charlotte had other plans.  I went into labor and at 6:59am our little Charlotte Elizabeth was born, weighing 8 lb 3oz and measuring 21 in long.  I can hardly believe that it has already been a full year.  This little girl has been such a joy to our lives and we are so grateful for her, I can't really remember life without her.

She continues to grow and develop.  Charlotte is currently 29 inches tall and weighs 21 pounds 15 ounces.  She walks everywhere these days, claps, waves good-bye, says "mama" and "dada", and climbs all over everything!  We've started weaning and she is taking to a sippy cup like a pro.  She prefers to drink from a normal cup, but she always spills so she only uses one of those while I hold her.
 She loves to play with her toys and she cuddles her babies and stuffed animals.
 For her birthday we gave her a sandbox, sans sand.  We'll get some sand this weekend and move it outside then, but Charlotte has enjoyed playing in it as it is.
 I see these girls having a lot of fun playing in here as the weather warms up.
 We are having a little birthday party for Charlotte on Saturday, but I still wanted to have a cake today, since it is her birthday.  I tried out a fun technique to frost it and had fun doing it.
 Charlotte had fun eating it so that's what matters.
 The birthday girl had a busy morning though and she fell asleep while eating her cake.
 Thankfully the sun came out so after nap time the girls and I went outside to enjoy the sun and get some work done.  Charlotte loves to swing and is happy to sit in the swing for an hour.
 Lily helped me clean up the last of the leaves in the yard.  She is actually really good with the rake and enjoys helping me put the leaves in the bags.
It has been a great day and we are so grateful for our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment