Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sidewalk Paint

 I'm a little bit of a Pinterest addict, I can't help it.  So many great ideas in one little place, it is just the perfect site for a girl like me.  Earlier this week I saw a pin with instructions on making sidewalk paint.  This week my girls are sick (we've got hand foot and mouth disease in our home) so we are stuck at home with no friends.  I'm trying to keep them entertained and so yesterday I tested out the sidewalk paint idea, my goodness it was a HIT!
 It goes on watery, but dries really quickly and becomes much brighter.  Lily just loved moving her brush along the ground and mixing colors.
Charlotte mostly splattered paint everywhere with the wrong end of the paint brush.
 For the most part the girls played well together and they shared the paint and brushes between them.
Of course eventually they figured out that it was more fun to paint themselves, but it was fine, it came off easily enough, though we had a very colorful bath tub that evening.
 Today we tried it again, with some new brushes and food coloring and it went much better.  The paints were brighter and the new brushes were much easier for the girls to use.  The larger the brush the better.


 I poured out the leftover paint during clean up, aren't these colors great?  1 c. cornstarch, 1 c. water, and food coloring; couldn't be easier or cheaper and the girls love it.  We'll be doing this again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment