Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Color Run

Yesterday I ran my first 5k (way to do it out of order, right?) with my friend from my MRTT chapter, we did The Color Run.  I was really excited when I heard that it was coming to Boise, and even though my knee is still acting up I was not going to miss out on this one.  We started the very cold morning off on our pristine white shirts...
 ...ran through 4 color stations long the course...
 and ended up covered in color!
 At the end there was a color festival where I was covered in more colored chalk, though it was an absolute blast!  I'm usually so competitive with my runs so it was great to participate in something that was just supposed to be a lot of fun.
 I was so dirty when I got back to my car.
 I was surprised when I got home to find that the color was not only all through my hair and clothing but it had gotten through my shoes, rainbow toe socks (I had totally forgotten that I even owned these!) and my toes were as colorful as the rest of me.    It took a very long shower to clean it all up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment