Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hair Cuts

This week has been a rough one.  You've seen the bean bag pellet mess.  The following day they finger painted each other, the walls, and the furniture during nap time.  Needless to say, they are not napping together anymore.  Maybe in another month or two they can, but for mommy's sanity, we needed to separate them for a while.  Given all that, you can imagine how I responded when the other day I was in the bathroom, just for 2 minutes, and I hear Lily in the kitchen saying "Mommy, I want to cut my hair."  Now, I've been doing a lot of sewing lately so my sewing things are out and two pairs of scissors are sitting on my sewing table.  I imagined that Lily had already started cutting her own hair, and probably Charlotte's too for good measure so I was up and out of that bathroom as quickly as humanly possible.  To my great relief, she hadn't even touched the scissors, she just decided at that moment that she was ready to let me trim her hair.  I'd been telling her that it needed a trim for at least a month, but she has wanted to keep her hair long so I hadn't pushed it.  But when she said that she was ready for a trim, I got right on it.  I had her set up in the bathroom and ready for a haircut in 2 minutes.  She did fairly well at sitting still and was very excited when we were all done.
Of course, Charlotte could not be left out and demanded that I cut her hair as well.  I think that I trimmed off 1/2 of an inch.  Some day it will start to grow on top, but until then we have to keep her little mullet under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment