Sunday, June 1, 2008

Canning!

I came to the relization yesterday afternoon that I have become much more domestic lately. I was grocery shopping yesterday morning and found a fantastic price on strawberryies (4lbs for 2.95!) and my first thought was "I should make some jam." So I went and bought the pectin, etc and now for the first time in my life I have made freezer jam.

I had started purchasing canning jars a bit ago because we are planning on making salsa this Fall and I wanted to buy them a bit at a time rather than all at once. I have been working on getting our food storage together (it is so much easier to do when there is actually space to store it) and so I have been thinking about canning, etc so that we can have some fruits and vegitables stores with our grains and such. I normally don't worry about this kind of stuff, but now I'm getting all domestic. My questions is, when did this happen to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment