Saturday, August 16, 2008

Salsa!

My plans today changed a bit. I had planned at first to start painting my kitchen today, and then I was going to go pick some peaches and can them, and then I was going to go to the lake with my family. Well, none of that worked out for me today. The lake idea got shot when Tyson got scheduled to work overtime, and then I couldn't get a hold of the right person about the peaches, and I can't reach my kitchen ceiling because I'm too short.
So, I changed my plans. I went through my garden this morning and it seriously needed some harvesting. I decided that I would go ahead and make a couple of batches of salsa. Tyson loves my mom's canned salsa and so when we planted our garden we made sure to plant what we would need to make salsa. Luckily our garden is producing what I need at the rate that I need it. I had exactly enough ripe tomatoes and jalpenos to make two batches today. We pulled our onions a week ago because they were set to go. We found a great variety of tomato that we love. It is called a Jet Star Hybrid and it is perfect! It has a really good flavor with a lot of flesh to it. I know, not overly interesting to all of you, but I'm thrilled with it. Anyway, that is my exciting day...

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, beautiful salsa! I totally want the recipe. I've got lots of tomatos and canning salsa is something I've always wanted to do, but I didn't know anyone with a recipe. Hook me up! thanks for your comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete