Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Memory Lane...

So last week Ali and Chaz were over at our house and Chaz made a comment about the beard that Tyson had just started growing out. So, the subject of beards continued and I was reminded of a photo that we had from last August when Tyson and I got engaged. Since they were over I have been looking for that picture and low and behold, I found it. This picture was taken on the day that we went shopping for my engagement ring (Tyson didn't trust himself to pick it out on his own). He was gone on wildfires pretty much all summer. This was during one of his relatively longer stays at home, about 38 hours. He would be out for about 14 days at a time and then home for about 2 days. Hence, the beard. I guess that when you are camping all summer long shaving is just too much of a hassle. The best part about it all was that two weeks after this picture was taken Sarita and Eric got married. So, the night before the wedding when all of the family was gathered, Tyson showed up to meet my entire family with this bushy beard and wild hair. Quite the first impression... The beard was gone by the following morning in time for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment