Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Quilt is Finally Finished

I started this project back in November but then put it off a while since I had several Christmas gifts that needed to me made. Well, Christmas was a month and a half ago and I still had not come back to it. Why? Because I hate finishing up quilts. I love putting the top together, but binding a quilt is a miserable task to me.

Well, with no white thread to be found in my house last night and Lily's new room all but completed I could no longer put off the task of finishing up her quilt. I decided to dive in and just get it done. Tyson ended up getting off work an hour late so that gave me enough time to finish it up.

This morning when I went to get Lily up I went ahead and made her bed with her new bedding. Some of you may think that I'm crazy, but I love the bright green and purple with the melon colored walls. It is such a cheerful color combination in my mind.
She seems to like it. Right after I finished making her bed she climbed right back up and played for a while with her baby dolls.
And last of all, just to give you an idea, this is how the other view of her room turned out with my curtains made from scrap fabric and the tent that I made her for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is gorgeous! I love her bright, cheerful room =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jenn!! I love the colors you chose. That quilt is gorgeous! I love how you put butterfly appliques on it and the pillow too.

    ReplyDelete