Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter


It has been a busy Easter weekend for the Hansen family.

Friday evening we had an Easter egg hunt with our playgroup.  We met up at Lion's Park for our little hunt the kids loved it, and then we came back to our house for a pot luck BBQ, which we moved indoors because it was a little too chilly.

Saturday afternoon we had another Easter egg hunt with my family and some friends.  The girls really enjoyed it.  Lily has turned into a little pro, she knows exactly what to do and she loves finding the eggs.  Charlotte figured it out pretty well by the second hunt and when Tyson guided her to find some eggs she would pick them up and put them into her basket and then look around for another.

This morning the girls found their Easter baskets, though I don't think that I've ever mentioned an Easter bunny to them.  They were excited for a little surprise and had fun playing and reading their books while we got ready for the day.
Charlotte loves to smiles for the camera, but Lily couldn't be bothered to look up from her basket.
We got them all dresses up in their little Easter dresses and headed off to church!
I love the Easter holiday, I love the Easter egg hunts and cute little dresses, but most of all I love the spirit of it.  I love the warm weather, seeing my tulips bloom, and being reminded that though everything and everyone does pass on, death is not then end.

No comments:

Post a Comment