Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Color Run and a Trip to the Zoo

This morning I ran The Color Run 5k with several friends from my Moms Run This Town running club.  We met up this morning in our clean white shirts and got ready to run.  This is such a fun run when you are with a group of good friends.
 After a fairly muggy 3 miles we finished as a hot and colorful mess!
 Like I said, a MESS!  But how often do grown-ups get to play around like this?
 The best part...I promised the kids that since we would already be downtown I would take them to the zoo.  I brought a clean t-shirt, but that didn't help much.  I went through about 10 baby wipes scrubbing my face before I went into the zoo bathroom where I scrubbed my face and arms for a while longer, but still, I was a blue mess!  I got a lot of interesting looks from people.
 That's okay, the kids had fun.  Lily had to see her beloved jelly fish.

Gideon tolerated it all very well.
I was glad to get to go home and since Gideon was asleep I jumped right in the shower (after putting my clothes in the wash) and still, some of my skin is very much dyed.  Hopefully my neck and ear are no longer blue tomorrow for church...that could be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment