Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finger Painting

This morning we decided to try finger painting for the first time. I have put off letting her paint because I kinda hate messes, but I figured it was time that we give it a try. So, I made some paints using just sugar, cornstarch, water and food coloring and we gave it a shot.

Lily tried sticking her fingers in, but she tended to pull back before really getting any on there so I tried to help her out a bit.
She ended up being much more interested in eating the paint than putting it on her paper. Good thing I made it from normal things instead of buying the stuff in the store.
Her other favorite thing to do was stack the paint cups.
So, not a great success, but we gave it a shot and the paints are made so we will try again another day. Maybe she will be less interested in eating it then.
Here's a little clip of Lily sitting up to the table with her paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment