Friday, June 24, 2011

Finger Painting and a Trip to the Lake

I bought some new finger paints the other day. I've been looking for activities to keep Lily busy. The more that I can keep her occupied the happier she is. I've discovered that most of her tantrums stem from boredom so we are trying to avoid that.

I draped Lily in one of her dad's ratty old shirts and set everything up outside on the patio (no point having this mess in the house) and let her go at it.
She dove right in. No fingers here, full hands playing in paint.
She had as much fun painting her palate as her paper.
So to wash up, I changed her into her swimming suit and handed her the hose.
Today we decided to head to the lake for the afternoon. Of course we chose the coolest day of the week to go, and it was rather breezy, but we still had a great time.

Charlotte was happy the entire time that we were there, which was awesome, so that made everything better.

We have learned that grapes trump water with Lily. Lesson learned. When I want to get Lily to come in out of the pool should offer her a few grapes and I'll get her out of the water without tears.


I'm pretty sure that this will be an activity often repeated this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment