Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting Ready for Spring

We can't wait for gardening weather to get here. Tyson has been getting the garden prepped and inside we have been starting our seeds. I hate buying plants for the garden, they can be so expensive so this year we are doing everything but the tomatoes from seed.

My craft table has been taken over and is covered in trays and pots and I can't seem to stop myself, I just keep planting more.
Some of them are getting so big!
They are beautiful! I love this big table covered in green in my living room, but they can't stay here forever.
This is my favorite part, watching the seeds emerge. I planted more nasturtium last week and they have started to spout. Every time I look at them I see another one starting to pop through the soil and it makes me giddy.
Outside Spring is certainly here. My daffodils, hyacinths and tulips are blooming and my perennials are all popping back through.
I planted some hollyhocks and poppies last year and they are doing great right now. I can't wait to see them bloom along with everything else. I like the vegetable garden, but that is Tyson's domain. My real love though is my flower beds. This year I've planted dozens of new perennials and I can't wait to get them into the beds and watch them fill in over the next couple of years. Every year these beds are getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment