Saturday, April 2, 2011

Vintage TV Makeover

Again I found an idea for a project online and I couldn't help myself, I had to try it. I was perusing one of my new favorite blogs and I came across this http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2010/09/roadkill-rescue-vintage-tv-ii.html.

I love watching craigslist for free stuff that I can rework and remake into something new, so the other day when I spotted this old TV I jumped on it. Tyson went and picked it up for me and brought it home.

This was our starting point.
I pulled the back off and it was instantly clear that the people who owned this TV for the last 40 years must have also owned cats. It was filthy inside, but my first goal was to get the tube out.
We got everything out, but the interior needed some serious work.
I forgot to take pictures in between, so sorry, but steps are missing. We added a shelf and facing. I had intended to paint it an off-white, but when I was at the store, the apple green called to me. I can't help it, I love green and since this table it for my girls' playroom I figured that I could get away with it. This is a picture after the first coat was applied.
The final product! We had leftover bead board from redoing our stairwell so we used that as the backing and I love the detail. Not too bad when you consider that the only cost was $7.00 for 2 cans of spray paint.
I decided to add a photo of it all filled up and in use.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome find and great rework!!! Superb job and Im sure it will be great in the girl's playroom!! Ive got to check our craigslist lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Jennifer I am in love with the apple green. And the beadboard just takes it over the edge for me. It is beeeeeeautiful!!!! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's so cute! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, that looks awesome!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, that is so cool! What a great piece. Poor Lorenzo is going to have a lot of work to do around here once garage sale season starts if you keep giving me ideas like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I am impressed with your visionary abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are AMAZING!!! It's SO cute!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Jen, that's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete