Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Story Time in the Spring

Spring has finally shown up here in Nampa, ID and we are taking full advantage of it! This morning we walked to the park and this afternoon we played outside in the yard. Since it was nice and warm Charlotte even got to come out and play.
We even had story time outside this afternoon. We spread a blanket under the maple tree and piled on.
I am reading one of my favorite books to the girls, The Little Prince. Lily usually sits through about 2 chapters and then is up and moving again, but we will get through it.
Because the weather was so nice and we were spending time outside Tyson and I decided that we would give Lily her birthday present 2 days early. I bought it nearly 2 months ago and I have been dying to let her play with it. Her friend Hailee has one and she loves it. I pulled it out and she climbed right on. She mostly pushes it with her feet, but she is starting to figure out how to pedal.
Lily's baby doll came along for the ride.
I can hardly believe that this sweet girl will be 2 years old in just 2 days!
Apparently Lily was planning to take her baby doll for a walk and needed to belt her in first.
I can hardly wait for Thursday! We decided not to have a party this year. Instead we are spending the day together as a family and having some fun outings.

No comments:

Post a Comment