Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning

 I have been so excited for Christmas this year.  I've always loved Christmas, I love everything about it, and now Lily is old enough that she has been very excited too.  We hadn't kept the presents out by the tree because Charlotte is into everything these days so when the girls woke up they found presents all around the tree this morning.
Lily was so excited!  The first gift that she opened was a book called Alice the Fairy.  We checked it out from the library a few months back and she loved it, she asked for it to be read to her several times and was sad when we had to return it.  With that kind of a reaction to a book I figured that it was worth purchasing and she was happy to see it again.
 We gave Charlotte a baby doll so that she would stop taking Lily's.
 This was a fun project.  I had been toying around with the idea of making the girls a stick horse and I mentioned it to my friend Candice and she thought that her kids might like some as well so we got together one day and made a few stick horses.  They were a lot of fun to put together, and I think that all three of them turned out so cute!
We mimicked one of Lily's first Christmas gifts and gave Charlotte a My Pal Violet because she plays with Lily's all of the time.  I had pre-programmed it so it knew her name and was all ready to go.

Look at this happy girl!!!
 I knew that this would be Lily's favorite, she LOVES Belle and all things Beauty and the Beast.  She waited ever so patiently while Tyson cut the doll loose.
 And then carried it with her the rest of the morning.
 I made the girls some little rag quilts since their baby blankets are getting a little small, or rather, they are getting too big for them.

 We gave her one last gift to open and instead she had Belle dance on the box.
 Finally we persuaded her to open it.
 Seven potato heads all in one!
 Such a great Christmas morning!
We spent the morning at home together, opening presents, playing, and for breakfast we had the Hansen traditional aebleskivers and sausage and then got everyone dressed and ready for church.  I made the girls some new Christmas dresses, but we were running late and I forgot to take a picture.  I'll get one though, because they looked so cute together!

We spent the rest of the day with family and it was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment