Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21: Make Christmas Candy

 Christmas is getting so close, and even though my list of things to do is getting shorter and shorter, there are still some major projects that need to be finished in the next few days.  I'm not stressing out though, everything will get finished in time.

Today's advent activity was one that I grew up doing with my family, and that was to make Christmas candy.
Today when we were done reading about what our activity would be Lily jumped up and yelled "scrip" which is "scriptures" and ran to get daddy's scriptures so that we could read our Christmas scripture for the day.
In past years we have made more things, but we simplified a bit this year and just made caramels and fudge.
Because of the nature of this project, the girls couldn't participate to much, but Lily was happy to be there, and of course to lick the spoon when we were all done.
 I let Lily help me make today's pizza dough though, since she loves helping me add items to the mixer.  We had BBQ chicken pizza for lunch on a bianca crust, Tyson's favorite pizza, and boy was it yummy!  Totally worth the 3 hours to make the crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment