Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7: Learn a Christmas Song

Today's activity was much simpler, or at least in theory, than the last few days' have been. We've been doing lots of crafts so for today we scheduled learning a Christmas song. I didn't really think this one through, because Lily still doesn't use long sentences (like anything over 3-4 words) so how I thought that she would learn a song I don't know. She has started singing along though, when I sing, to the radio, TV, any time she hears music she tries to pick out words and sing them. We stuck with the plan and I decided to teach her the chorus of "Jingle Bells" because it is so simple and has a lively tune. I sang it to her and she tried to sing a long for much of the afternoon and in the end she caught on okay. Maybe by Christmas she will be able to do it on her own.


Poor Charlotte doesn't get to participate in these activities too much, but she is such a happy girl and loved listening to mommy and Lily sing.
Just for your enjoyment I've added a short video of Charlotte laughing. Can't help but be happy when listening to these baby laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment