Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8: Make Snow Globes

On to day 8! Today's advent activity was to make snow globes. My girls have been playing with the 2 snow globes that I have so I figure that they might enjoy having one of their own.
They are so easy to make, seriously, you should all try them. I gathered up 2 pint jars, 2 little figurines that I purchased at the dollar store, some star shaped "snow", hot glue, ribbon and water.
We glued the lids together and then the snowmen to the lid of the jar, filled the jar mostly full with water, added our "snow" and then screwed the lid on. Seriously, SO EASY!
Charlotte loved hers, she had trouble shaking it, but she likes to hold it and stare.
Lily wouldn't stop shaking it! I couldn't get a picture of her smiling at the camera because she wouldn't take her eyes off of Frosty (because, you know, all snowmen are apparently named Frosty).

No comments:

Post a Comment