Friday, December 21, 2012

December 21st

You know what the best part about the holidays is, family.  I love when my brothers and sister who live far away are home to visit and I love going out to visit our family that lives away from us.

The scripture for today was Micah 5:2 which is a prophecy about Christ coming out of Bethlehem that was given long before His birth.

Today's activity is one of our annual favorites.  We went to visit the Idaho Botanical Gardens for their Winter Garden Aglow.  This time we were joined in our advent activity by 2 of my sisters and their families.  The kids LOVED the lights.  That is an understatement, they were transfixed.  My nephew was hilarious, he was just in heaven going back and forth wanting to touch all of the lights.
While there the kids got to see a reindeer and visit Santa.  Lily still won't sit on his lap, but I'm okay with that.    Her being nervous about sitting on a stranger's lap is perfectly fine with me and I am not so desperate for that photo to make her do it.  Besides, I left my camera in the car by mistake so I didn't get any pictures this year.  Charlotte wasn't sure about him, but she sat there and said "hi."  They were well worn out by the end and fell asleep within a couple minutes of getting in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment