Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 4- Learn a new Christmas song

Some how we have been so busy this week which has forced us to do our advent activities in the evening.  Normally this isn't too much of a problem, but this evening it was.

After we returned from dance class and running an errand we came home for a quick dinner and then selected the star for today out of our Christmas box.  Our scripture passage today was from John 2:13-17.  In this passage Christ casts out the money changers and animal dealers from the temple.  Christ sought to purify the temple, as He was pure.
Our activity today was to learn a new Christmas song.  Off and on today I have had our song, The Shepherds' Carol, playing on the computer and this evening we sat down together to work on learning it.  The problem was that we were all tired and thus easily distracted by anything and everything.  I started to get frustrated with their lack of focus (silly I know, they are 2 and 4) so I decided to call it a night and we sat down together to watch Mickey's Christmas Carol.  I decided that the relationship is worth much more than the activity.  We will continue to work on the song over the next couple of weeks, but for tonight, this is the best that they could do.

1 comment:

  1. They are so adorable! I might have to steal this idea for one of my own. =)

    ReplyDelete